Fuerzas de Elite

Portal dedicado a las Unidades Especiales de la Policia y el Ejercito, sus tácticas, sus armas, su equipamiento...
Creditos
Fecha actual 28 Mar 2024 20:46

Todos los horarios son UTC + 1 hora

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 2 mensajes ] 
Autor Mensaje
NotaPublicado: 07 Feb 2015 16:13 
Subinspector
Subinspector

Como no hay hilo especifico sobre ellas me dispongo a crearlo y compartir fotos y anecdotas, del LITHSOF. Su nombre en lituano es ''Aitvaras''

Empezando por un texto en inglés que se escribió en http://www.aredrover.com , y de como formarón su leyenda en la provincia de Zabul.

''The LITHSOF were the mechanized horsemen of the Apocalypse – where they rode, death would come after.

Instead of horses, they had four motorcycles, and wore a black and white kerchief over their nose and mouth with the outline of a skull. The Taliban feared them.

They had a blatant disregard for US regulations, such as the 10km/h speed limit around the base or the need to constantly wear helmets and reflective belts. If the rule was stupid, they didn’t follow it. Their sense of independence, and unit autonomy drove many an American commander insane.

Once, the Lithuanians were refueling a vehicle on base, and a young American sergeant approached to correct their lack of helmets and protective gear. The driver shrugged and claimed “No English!” and drove off (too fast), leaving the young sergeant standing in his dust.

With only dozens of LITHSOF in Afghanistan, they made their numbers count. They became the terror of the Taliban in Zabul Province. It was the single justification of their existence, and the basis of their legend. They were amazing fighters, vicious and joyful in the combat, living in a constant, controlled recklessness.

They criticized the American’s unwillingness to go outside the wire, and the accompanying safety regulations that degraded common sense.

“You want to play safe in war? That is how you lose…” or more directly, “We are soldiers. Not children.”

They would go out on a dime if called upon. No fear. No excuses. They bent the rules if it helped the mission.

For all that viciousness, they were gracious hosts. They opened their compound to a few of us who would spend our evenings smoking cigars in their “cave” – a place that became a sanctuary for many of us.

They made us loose-leaf chamomile tea from fresh flowers or coffee from fresh grounds with fresh honey (imported from their home). Each newcomer has to try their sauna, which they were very proud of. Through my time, I often asked for permission to steal a cup of coffee or grab some of their tea, until they became frustrated and said, “Katyte, you don’t understand,” using the nickname they had picked out for me, which was the cute form of the word cat, “Our cave is your cave. Feel free, don’t hesitate. Stop asking!”

Around the base, their commander was called Leonidas (but never to his face) which was a reference to his striking resemblance to the Spartan King, as played by Gerard Butler. The name also suited his reputation.

Leonidas once sat me down to teach me numbers, days, months in his native Lithuanian language – which, by the way, was not easy. Late at night, when I couldn’t sleep, he would sit with me in the common room and we would talk about life, about family, and he would try to impart his brotherly advice.

“We are a big family in this cave,” Leonidas said, “We spend more time with each other than even our real family. We fight, we get angry at each other, but we are family. And I think we are your family too.”

Leonidas once told me that Americans were too used to a comfortable life – in prosperity we had lost our perspective. We were a comfortable, fat, super power and losing our sight of the world.

His second in command, who was known as the mile-and-a-half killer for having sniped a Taliban from a great distance as he rode away on his motorcycle, had once simplified their known toughness by saying, “We are Lithuanian. That is all.”

I don’t have much experience with Lithuania – but what I know about their soldiers is that they are dedicated, deadly and fiercely loyal.

The Lithuanians that stood before me are not the same ones that had allowed themselves to be conquered. I am convinced that nothing but the complete Thermopalean massacre would allow that bit of history to repeat itself. ''

Y fotos de '' los jinetes del apocalípsis mecanizados de Zabul''

Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen
Imagen

Y algunos vídeos interesantes:

Sven_Hansen escribió:
Las fotografías frente al cine corresponden a una "muestra de material" que hicieron en 2012 con motivo del estreno de la película "Act of Valor".

Compartir en:

Compartir en Facebook FacebookCompartir en Twitter TwitterCompartir en Tuenti TuentiCompartir en Sonico SonicoCompartir en Digg DiggCompartir en Delicious DeliciousCompartir en Technorati TechnoratiCompartir en Tumblr TumblrCompartir en Google+ Google+

NotaPublicado: 04 Jul 2015 23:52 
Comisario_Principal
Comisario_Principal

Reportaje de Vice News sobre el ejercicio que se ha realizado en Lituania para hacer frente a un escenario como el de Ucrania en el último año

Ronald Reagan

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 2 mensajes ] 

Todos los horarios son UTC + 1 hora